Since this will be the first season for KYFL, there will not be many teams competing as it is a new league, hopefully after a successful first season, more youth football academies will be joining the league.
Under 10 – Under 12
- 8 teams, each team will be playing against each other once in the league.
- Top four teams will be in the Gold Cup and bottom four teams will be in Silver Plate, so in total each teams will be playing 9 games, including classification matches.
- Medals will be given to teams placing 1st, 2nd and 3rd respectively in each age group.
- The league champions of each age group will also receive a trophy.
- All prizes will be presented at the final round of matches.
- There will also be individual medal for Top Scorer award for each age group.
PITCH AND FOOTWEAR
- Playing area is a natural/astroturf pitch. Players may wear studded soccer shoes with plastic studs (metal studded soccer boots are not allowed).
- Players must wear shin-guards throughout the course of the league.
RED AND YELLOW CARDS
- Players shown a Red card are sent-off immediately and banned from play for one (1) full match.
MINIMUM NUMBER OF PLAYERS
- The minimum number of players to start each half varies with age-group.
- If a team fails to field the minimum number of players a walkover shall be awarded to the opponents with full points and a registered score of 3–0 or the actual score at the time of stopping play, whichever is the higher.
- Under-10 – minimum players: 6
- Under-12 – minimum players: 7
- A maximum of five (5) minutes allowance shall be allowed after the starting whistle by the referee, after which a walkover shall be awarded to the opponents with full points and a registered score of 3-0.
- Win: 3 points
- Draw: 1 point
- Loss: 0 points